MindShift with Nicola Fortin, Registered Psychologist
Saturday, September 22nd & Sunday, September 23rd
1 - 4PM each day
Investment: $75+GST Early Bird (Before August 12th);
$85+GST Standard Pricing
Register at Coastal Bliss Yoga, Pharmasave Tofino, or Online
MindShift is a course for those seeking to make lasting changes in their lives.
This 6-hour course delivered over two days will investigate the workings of your subconscious through yoga philosophy and practices, neuroscience, lecture and group work. We will explore how our subconscious mind is contributing to our present moment experience, and how it impacts your reactions, your behaviours, and your choices. We will explore themes that blend cutting-edge discoveries in neuroscience and psychology with ancient traditions of the wisdom practices.
- Why the brain is wired to remember the negative and how we can impact and create new neural connections towards increasing positive feelings. By becoming aware of our ‘lens of perception’ we are empowered towards making choices that will impact our emotions and our interactions.
- Mindfulness research and practices that impact neural functioning and brain anatomy is shared as a means to better understand our evolution and ability to make anatomical changes to our mind.
- THOUGHT and EMOTION – What they are, where they come from and their purpose.
- EMBODIED cognition, bringing deep levels of consciousness to thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Core beliefs – where they come from and how they impact our lives.
- Intention or sankalpa setting and integrating with Yoga Nidra practice, utilizing brain states to embody a new core belief
Cell Biologist Bruce Lipton states: "The way we perceive our environment controls our health and fate. More importantly, when we change the way we respond to our environment, we change our reality."